Level changing bug

I have 2 scenes lets just call them A and B
If I go from A to B, everythings fine, if I go back to A the fader stays white and my character gets placed ourside of the map instead of at the portal’s spawnpoint. It used to work fine right up until now and I have no idea what could have caused it, I also get an error in Inventory at line 249 saying the index was outside the bounds of the array

Edit: Figured it out, I changed the amount of slots my inventory has in the prefab but the change didn’t get applied to everything. Scene A had an inventory with 40 slots and scene B had an inventory with 16 slots which caused some issues

2 Likes

Yes, that’s why it’s important, whenever possible, to make changes to the Player within the Prefab instead of within the scene itself. It’s easy to find yourself adding or changing a setting in one scene and it mismatching in the other.

Good job working that out!

Yeah haha, unfortunately I’ve had it a few times where I changed something in the prefab but it wouldn’t go through to the instance that was already in the level. Luckily nothing that the “Revert” button won’t fix :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms