Lesson 87 Mapping Chess Board Materials

Here are 4 different renders that I tried. I don’t think I’m good at judging my own work yet, I hope the lighting is not too bright.

5 Likes

Looking good :+1:

It’s really hard to judge own work… I don’t even know if it is possible to do it fully.

I like the color scheme you used.

There is something wrong with lighting though, especially on 3rd render. I think it’s being covered more in depth later in this section…

2 Likes

Looks good.

Try this: [Doing the following will blend the yellow light while keeping the intensity]

For the yellow light-

1- adjust the radius (until the light begins to fade)
(increasing the radius will “Distribute” the light over a larger area)

2- then adjust the strength of the light (to bring back just enough light into area to match the desired lighting)

3- changing the size also may help slightly

If there is still a hard transition line from “Spot light” And you don’t want it, Then
adjust the “BLEND” to fade edges of light

Hope this helped.

3 Likes

Nice chess scene - I feel you should have set your camera a little closer, or increase the camera focal length a touch.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback guys. Yeah, that third one represents a martian world with 2 suns and a moon, lol. I’m going to look at some tutorials on lighting and adjust them then repost. You reminded me the lighting is supposed to reflect real-world lighting.

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms