Lesson 7: Duplication (Japanese styled house)(work in progress)

Hiyas ppl just started with the course and wanted to show my progress regarding the duplication challange but also a personal challange to keep me motivated :slight_smile:. feedback is always apreciated.

5 Likes

To be honest, I’m not sure that I have any real critiques. I would love to see the house in a scene of some sort.

If I’m being nit-picky I suppose I could point out a couple of things that don’t seem quite right to me. First, the wood pad that the house is built on is constructed of planks. There doesn’t seem to be enough gap between the planks - they feel drawn on. While that might fit for a hardwood floor, the large planks use for a foundation would have larger gaps. I don’t think it would take much make that more believable. The other thing is that the joint between the stairs and the foundation is confusing to me. I’m not sure how it is supposed to be constructed. It looks like the stairs actually continue under the deck, but that doesn’t make sense (structurally). Those are the only things I found that seem really odd.

It looks like there might be a bit of noise in the render or some textures that could be dialed back in intensity, but with the render being as small as it is, that could also all just be a result of the small size of the image.

Way to stay motivated! Those are the best type of project.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thnx for the feedback :slight_smile: i will be modifying this lil project more and more while i get further into the course :D. As i’m still quite new to modelling i already saw my problem with mostly sizing like i noticed i made the sides too wide which brings my model out of proportian and the stairs are not alligned correctly.

My favorite motivational quote is “It’s through mistakes that you actually grow. You have to get bad in order to get good”

Privacy & Terms