Lectures are getting to long

These Lectures are getting excessively long doing to much in one video is making me feel like it is taking forever to make progress on this course even though I am close to the end it feels like Its gonna take longer than the first two or three sections. When you got the sense of finishing a quick vid it let you feel like you were moving forward and it made the topics feel fresh but now everything is just dragged out. Not sure if its just @sampattuzzi style or what but just thought I would give my input. Smashing my face against my keyboard especially because visual scripting is boring to me. @ben

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you are struggling. This is the longest section but that is because we cover a lot. Hang in there and you will be rewarded with more C++ and a polished game at the end of the section.

1 Like

its not the most comprehensive course, either. We still have alot to go as a human race :confused:

Most stuff requires self-sufficiency that is near impossible to find for most, and even in vein for those that do…

I had lots of trouble getting through the repo stuff. Shaking in my chair replaying the video wondering whats going on and why i cant get through the monotonous video so i can get on.

And then ontop of stuff being poorly covered, it stops working, or you have to redo the entire code because they told you they had tricked you into thinking it was the proper way.

Well hopefully that behavior tree stuff is working for you, because I ran into a slew of issues with that. Only a few problems were ultimately solved. I still have some unsolved behavior tree stuff I have yet to return too (right now im having a problem where the texture won’t bake in Blender despite following Mike exactly, and amiss frustration am getting sidetracked on the forums heh…)
And The BT examples for the lectures is very specific but does not cover a wide range of the logic patterns very well, or explain how it applies to them…
Spoiler alert: sam never finishes the game and leaves out promised features
(its almost possible to finish on your own, but I ran into too many problems and moved onto Blender, which I am having problems getting past the boring tit bits just like you are, and its taking longer then planned)
So i guess ur not the only one noticing blatant problems with lecture design, even if there arent posts about it.
There really should be posts regarding everything thats taught in this world, in my honest opinion, or they never get any better, less people get anywhere, talent goes wasted… stuff we thought was common knowledge really winds up not understood by nearly most. But to be honest we cant ultimately understand anything ha. I wish more people tired too though. Again my personal opinion though…

Privacy & Terms