Lecture 78 - extra models

I am still confused about asking questions and submitting work. There appears to be no up to date submissions i.e. those who started like me in Jan 2019. I also wonder what actual lectures I should be following and getting mixed up between the two versions of Blender i.e. 2.79 and 2.8 being given.
Looking at some of the work submitted at this Lecture 78 point, they appear to be really sophisticated and appear to be doing features which we have not yet covered. I am loathed to submit my work because my mind are fairly basic as I followed Mike’s directions on these extra models.
I wonder whether I am missing chunks of lectures or getting mixed up between the ‘old’ and ‘new’ lectures. Feel rather frustrated as I don’t see to be able get a consistent dialogue with instructors.

Hi Keith,

I am sorry that you are having issues with questions and submitting work but lets see if i can clarify some of that so it makes everything a little easier.

Submitting work you want to share should be now done under the show section of the forums, The new links we are putting in to the newer sections will take over but we had some automation issues which i believe are now resolved.

For questions that can wait until the next day either the Q&A would be a good option as i check those daily.
You can also post questions here now as well if this is the prefered medium as the forums have been updated to help with this as before it was hard to find posts and now its much easier to read i think :slight_smile:

On the content what is happening is as we produce a new 2.8 section it joins at the start of the course so at the moment you have Section 1 and 2 in 2.8 and then Section 1 and 2 in 2.7x and onwards.
If you are following the 2.8 content stop after the first two sections and wait for the next section to appear.
If you are following the 2.79 content the confusion may be happening due to when we add a new section all the lecture numbers change. This is unfortunately unavoidable but i would try to use the lecture list in the side panel to remember which lecture you are on as they normally tick off as completed.

I hope this helps but if you do need any further guidance on where and whats happening please do no hesitate to let me know :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms