Lecture 71: Dissolving Geometry: Undoing what we have just done?

Have I got this right? Seems to be getting somewhat muddled.

2 lectures back we used the bevel tool to smooth out the sharp edges & now we are going round the object deleting them again?

Is the point of this simply to demonstrate how to remove extra geometry? Or have we somehow got to a better position than we were in before using the bevel tool?

Can you be more specific about what lecture you are doing? Over here we have no real way of knowing easily. Theoretically, the 10-cp-cbc code could be worked out but it’s harder than posters just giving more information. Lecture and rough times in them?

Yes, I find those codes unhelpful as well, it would be better if lecture titles were used instead of codes. I got here from Lecture 71: Dissolving Geometry. The whole lecture is about undoing what was previously done in Lecture 68: Using the Bevel Tool.
I can’t see a way to update the thread title to prefix it with the lecture name.

Ok, seems to me it is designed to teach you how to remove geometry. Whereas the earlier one was to teach you how the bevel tool works. You have to bear in mind it is not a course showing you the fastest way to the end of a chess set. The chess set is a device of simple shape and geometry to use various tools on, and explain their use. So yes, you are undoing beveling work you did earlier. But meantime you learnt how to do both.
Further the course has a slight bias to ‘low poly’ objectives. A big portion are doing it for game related uses not high quality art image creation. Any animation also is easier with less data to manipulate every frame, lowers render times with simplicity.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms