Lecture 64 Extract Function not there

Hey all, I am having an issue with the extract function described about mid way through lecture 64. Well, it’s just not there. The quick actions that show up are create declaration and move definition. I tried creating the OpenDoor() function manually but I am getting errors on UOpenDoor and GetOwner. Any ideas?

2 Likes

If your getting errors, I bet you’re not placing the class name before the method declaration i.e. void UOpenDoor::OpenDoor() in the c++ file, I keep doing this all the time.

I figured out part of the issue was that I am calling UOpenDoor diffrently so I solved that. Still, the extract function is not there and I am getting an error under the OpenDoor() part saying Class UOpenDoor had no member OpenDoor

Ok I declared a void OpenDoor(); in the header file and it all works now. Is that step skipped in the video cause I don’t think I saw it anywhere.

Thinking now that the extract process may be creating that on it’s own so that’s why it caused me issues. Sorry for the spam but I hope it benefits someone else. So back to the main issue… the extract function is not there.

You shouldn’t need to rely on the IDE to do these kinds of things so it’s useful to know how. The extract function is an experimental feature which you can enable via Tools > Options > Text Editor > C/C++ > Experimental and setting Enable Extract Function to true.

4 Likes

Thank you, that solves it then.

I have tagged this post with the new lecture-specific tag. Please follow the link from Resources in Udemy in future as this will tag for you.

Dan you the man “bet you have not heard that before” this is the fix! Thank you, Norman

Really useful post! Thanks for the tip DanM!

Thank you, DanM!
I would never have found that on my own.

Thanks Dan

Still not working :frowning:

Privacy & Terms