Layers being Ignored?

I posted this on the Udemy forum as well, but wanted to cover my bases so I reposted here. So, I have been having an issue with using layers and thought other may have come across the same problem. I have followed the lesson very closely when setting up the player movement, but am having an issue with using the layers properly. Once walkable is assigned to my ground object(which is a resized cube) everything else sitting on the ground gets ignored as if it was also set to walkable and not enemy for its layer. When I remove the walkable layer from the ground it will detect the enemy layer for the cube sitting on top of the ground. It’s very confusing why this is happening and I have redone this section multiple times to try to understand what is happening but haven’t found a solution. I would love to hear some suggestions from those more familiar with using layers and raycasts.

Just replied to you over there! hehe :slight_smile:

Resolved by @Stephen_Crookes, layer priorities on Udemy Q&A.

I thought at first this said “Lawyers being ignored?” and it seemed like such a strange and out-of-place subject.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms