"LastTrial" GDD has arrived

Hey everyone, i’ve finally got to section five and i’m super excited about it, here’s my attempts on GDD.

Last Trial GDD

Concept

• Post-apocalyptic future, totalitarian rule, unstable economic situation, society in decay.
  • You're trying to become a member of revolutionary brotherhood, called "Fireflies", passing throw the rite of initiation and you have to complete last trial.
  • You're placed in an alternative reality to pass through set of battlegrounds (or overcome a certain threshold if set is infinite).
  • After successfully completing the Trial, you deservedly become a "Firefly" and proceed to make the world a slightly better place.
  • You can use force or stealth to pass the trials.

Rules

• You're placed into a battleground and you must reach its endpoint by two ways: force or stealth.
  • If you have been detected by anyone inside current battleground, you must kill everyone to pass to the next battleground.
  • If you reached endpoint without being detected, you're allowed to move to the next battleground.
  • You win after successfully passing through all battlegrounds or if they're infinite -playing for score (with some thresholds & announcements after overcoming them).

Asset requirements

• Set of assets for general style of all trial battlegrounds – forest theme, building theme, station theme etc.
  • Humanoid main character + it's weapon/gadgets.
  • Humanoid (or not?) enemies, maybe few types of enemies with different mechanics
  • Sound effects
  • Visual effects
  • Dynamic UI + menu

Possible technical challenges

• Setting up player character animation & it's weapon and other mechanics
  • Setting up smart AI & AI mechanics
  • Procedural generation of trials
  • High-quality visual effects
  • Tracking large assets in Git

Privacy & Terms