Lasers dissapearing after adding Explosion

HI Team,

Working my way through the lectures. Really enjoying it. Getting through argon assault now.

The lasers stopped being rendered after I added the explosion to the player ship. Is this something to do with having multiple particle systems? The explosion is working fine when I crash into things. And the lasers were working fine (emitting when pressing control, destroying enemies on impact etc), but now the lasers wont show. I added a debug.log to the input script and I could see that its still detecting the key being pressed.

Looking forward to the help.
Thanks
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Are there any error messages in your console? If not, maybe the laser particles get rendered behind the exposion particles.

Adding a Debug.Log was a good idea. You know that the keyboard input is beding detected, so that’s very likely not the problem. Now try to figure out if the particle system is emitting particles on keyboard input. Also check if the particles get destroyed at some point. Maybe it’s just a coincidence that the particles don’t appear anymore after the explosion because there are already “all” particles in the scene and no new particles get rendered. See value of maxParticles in the ParticleSystem component.

The number of particles in the scene can be found in the dark box when you select the particle system in the Hierarchy. See here:

Thanks Nina!

Turns out I had just unchecked the looping tickbox :frowning:

I think this is going to happen a lot haha.

Oops. Well, I’m glad the solution was so simple. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms