Laser Defender - FEATURE OVERLOAD!

I spent two weeks after finishing this course segment adding a plethora of features that I thought would be fun to add. It was really good practice to try to think how to implement them and I feel it really helped me ingrain what I learned, as well as learning some new things. It’s probably not the most optimized and might be rough in the areas, but I’m really happy with how it turned out.

Let me know what you think or if you have any questions.

Features Added:

• Mouse movement
  • Asteroids (with randomized rotation/speeds)
  • Power Ups (Shield [Timed], Health, Bombs, Multi-Ships, Double Shot [Timed], and Spreadshot [Timed])
  • Majorly upgraded the enemy spawning system to allow multiple randomized waves on timers
  • Added a mini-boss and boss
  • Made the game finishable (1 level)
6 Likes

Truly fun and amazing game! The boss battle was great, it didn’t feel unfair at any point, really nice job! One of the best Laser Defender projects I’ve played.

2 Likes

Awesome! I’m really glad that you enjoyed it. Also, nice job on beating it!

1 Like

I would love to look at your code specifically on how you implemented power ups, spread shot, and the enemy spawning system you upgraded.

I changed this project’s GitHub to public if you’re interested in seeing it. This was my first project where I really went beyond the course, so it’s probably inefficient, but it was still fun to see what I could do.

Let me know if you have any questions about the code.

2 Likes

Thanks for doing that!

Privacy & Terms