Laser Defence - resulition question. How to get rid off empty space?

Hello everyone!

When i uploaded Laser Defence to sharemygame.com got this strange result - two blue lanes on the side where player’s ship can fly and text getting really big.

Same thing happens when i try to upload to different site and i even made a PC build, but result was same.
As i can understand that happens because those blue lane on a side counts as a screen parts, so the text scales and player can move here.

Is there a way to prevent them be a screen parts? So game can look same as it looks in unity at 9:16 resulition.

1 Like

Hi! Welcome back to the community.

Go the Edit > Project Settings > Player, or File > Build Settings > Player Settings (it’s a button at the bottom-left of the Build Settings window), select your desired platform.

For standalone build: Go to Resolution and Presentation, locate the Default is Native Resolution option, deactivate it, two other settings will appear, select the desired Width and Height, set it to something that fits your aspect ratio, If it is 9:16, 1080x1920 should work.

For WebGL: Go to Resolution and Presentation, you’ll find Width and Height, set it to something that fits your desired aspect ratio, I highly recommend not setting it too big or it won’t fit some screens, think about the size of the website.
Captura de Pantalla 2021-09-05 a la(s) 14.03.35

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, unfortunatly it does not work but i found different way to fix this.
For baundaries i used system just like in Block Breaker and for text in canvas option Screen Match Mode put on expand.

Does that mean the problem is solved? :slight_smile:

See also:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms