Landscape stuck on BLACK

Hey, im using UE 4.21 and after duplicating and applied the new material to the landscape It didnt show up correctly.

I already tried to rebuild the lights and I get this error:
No importance volume found and the scene is so large that the automatically synthesized volume will not yield good results. Please add a tightly bounding lightmass importance volume to optimize your scene’s quality and lighting build times.
What should I do?

@sampattuzzi @ben
Any tips to solve this issue?
I’m trying everything, from rebuild over and over (UE stay stuck at 0% building light after 5 mins), delete and recreate the project, change the blueprint material (adding a vector). I really donno what to do!

It could be a lighting issue. First, do you have lights in the scene? If you do than do you have a Lightmass Importance Volume (LIV)? The darkness suggests no lights and the long lighting build suggests no LIV. Grab one by going to the Modes panel, type Lightmass and drag the LIV into your scene, leave it small… do not resize to the landscape. You may want to throw in a directional light as well just to be sure there is enough light and its pointing in the right direction. They are also available in the Modes panel.

The LIV helps the lighting calculation by letting it concentrate in a smaller area. Since you do not need full Global Illumination in the whole landscape, cutting it down to the LIV area will speed things up.

To test if it is a lighting problem try switching to Unlit in the View Mode drop down, top left screen.

Trying…
Using Unlit what should I see?
I see this

Well nothing changed!
Maybe it’s due to size of the map???

What this shows is just the texture without any lighting and it does look like it has the material on it or it would be grey, and some of the landscape has been painted brown.

If you paint in the brown in other areas now does it show up? If so then you are missing some lights or the lack of a Lightmass Importance Volume is preventing the build. Be sure you have one and then add a directional light, be sure it is pointing the right direction, and go back to “lit” and if that doesn’t work we should look at how the landscape material layers are set up.

I finally made it work but some part of the map still has the black color, it’s pretty bad to see!
The problem was the directional light and also I have some strange shadow moving up and down the landscape!
Tonight I ll post the screen of it

Privacy & Terms