Lamp with Cycles and Eevee Render

The top one is with Cycles

The bottom one is with Eevee

5 Likes

Coming on well.

1 Like

Thanks!

Looks like you are coming along fine. How are you enjoying the courses so far?

I like the course. There are some parts, like the grease pencil sketching, that seem to be for teaching process vs. jumping right in to make 3D shapes. The flow makes sense but sometimes I’m not sure the steps are necessary for small projects. I am very much noticing all the updates from 2.8 to 2.93. lol.

3 Likes

I am glad that you like the courses.

The grease pencil is an interesting creature. I do not have much experience with it, but if you search around, there are some very interesting “painterly” pictures that utilize the grease pencil tool on 3d models. Some of their work is amazing- It looks like a drawing that has a 2d rotation. That is, it looks like a 2d animation that rotates the creature, but it was all done in Blender and it is all 3d. The “painting” was done with grease pencil.

Look here for taste of this.

There is also a tool that takes your grease pencil drawings and turns them 3d, you sketch a wall, and now you have a wall. Nifty.

I have never tried this tool, nor can I recommend or not recommend to get it- just something to look at to see where your Blender journey could lead you.

All advanced, but something I am keeping an eye out for when I happen to leap off the course train onto a work horse, so to speak.

2 Likes

Cool ! Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms