Lamp Rigging Issue

This part is giving me trouble, and I’ve tried redoing it a couple times.
For the most part it works, but for some reason I can’t get the upper arm or the base to move anymore. I tried unparenting everything and re-parenting them back accordingly, tried applying the locations, scales, and rotations of the meshes, tried applying the rest pose.

I’m not savvy enough with the software to know what exactly I’m doing wrong, so if anyone can assist I’d be happy.

Also wanted to note that I did make sure that the vertex groups and the bones were named the same.

I might move along to next section anyway as this part seems to have me more frustrated than usual. Been making slow progress.

Upload your .blend file here so that I can tell exactly what’s wrong there.

Here ya go. Think this save file is back a few steps (doesn’t have locations and such applied) but those actions didn’t seem to matter anyway.

lampasset.blend (815.9 KB)

That took me a while to figure out, but your mistakes turned out to be quite simple.
First. Upper arm. Just remove space symbol in the name, every digit matters and space counts too.

Second: Base

Yep, that fixes it. Thanks a ton Sam!

Just simple mistakes that got overlooked and why 2 sets of eyes create a better picture.
Hope it didn’t take up too much time.

I actually been searching for solution everywhere, took me an hour but it was important for me to find out what’s going on there, cause I most definitely will use animation a lot in future.

Privacy & Terms