Lamp final design, chose a ring light

This is my final lamp design! I’m new to Blender but not to 3D (came from Cinema 4D), so I gave myself a challenge: the ring light I have in my office. The bones are pretty similar to the course. I’m hoping to vary the lamp color (emissive material) to convey emotions when the lamp is animated :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looks very nice and your experience will soon sort out the bones stuff. As you say it should be pretty much the same.

2 Likes

Nice Swirly light. This has some fun animating possibilities- It would have a hard time catching a ball :slight_smile:

Although I would personally consider bulking out some of the arms and joints and widening the base. But that is more aesthetics than anything else.

1 Like

You’re right @Zangk : the arms are in reality 2.3cm for a 50mm ring light (Elgato), where mine were only 1.5cm thick originally. The real stick that comes in the box has no middle joint, so I now discovered that my ball joints can’t actually rotate as much as I’d need them to :slight_smile: For a commercial project I’d fix that and start over, for this lecture I might say “lesson learned” and go ahead with this small mistake.

3 Likes

A good approach, one that I should make an effort to pick up sometime. :wink:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms