Lamp Animation For Lecture 140

I made a couple of animations for this lecture. The first was done as the challenge. The second was done following the lecture to the end. They both seem to be in slow motion (probably could have shortened the timeline to speed them up).

I am going to change the format of the files and re-upload them.

Okay, Here is My Lamp Animation:

And here is the one I did following along with the lecture:

I am not sure why the videos are not being displayed.

Link is not recognized by forum software (links). I need to download it. No problem for me, but maybe someone else.

Maybe YouTube or Vimeo?

Nice animation! Well done!

These are not loaded into vimeo or youtube. They were just uploaded as mp4 to this site. Maybe I have the wrong file format for them to be presented on this site.

To my knowledge you can not upload videos to this site. But you showed me wrong.
I do not think it is the upload format.

The only format that worked for me in Blender 2.8 video editing was File Format : FFmpeg video, Encoding Container: MPEG-4 and Video Codec: H.264.

These look great! Thanks for sharing.

That’s interesting about the output settings and the forum. What did you have it set to previously?

I was trying to use File Format: FFmpeg video, Encoding Container Maroska and Video Codec H.264. The output file was in .mp4 format but would not be accepted by this site. The ones that were accepted were in the format I described earlier and the output file was also .mp4, so I am not sure what is different between the encoding procedures.

Can anyone explain why this and many of my videos are all gone from this site?

One of the things I noticed when investigating this disappearance was that all of the URL’s had been changed to Short URL’s by the system. that change seems to have broken the links to the videos. @Marc_Carlyon mentioned in another thread that this has happened after the discourse server was taken down for something, so it may be related to that.:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms