Labels in Editor Mode

I don’t know If I did something wrong, but wasn’t able to toggle the labels whilst in editor mode, only in playmode. Came up with a script attached to the Environment Game object (Environment–>Path/WordTiles etc.) then attached a public serialised field. Used this as a toggle then to either enable/disable the labels whilst in play/editor mode without pressing a key.

Did I do this the hard way or did I miss something from the lecture - i.e. I should be able to toggle the labels on/off within the editor as of lecture 120??

CoordinateLabler Script amendments:

New EditorManager Script:

I have a tendancy to overengineer sometimes and wanted to check myself and hopefully if I am experiencing behaviour by design because of the code in the lectures, hopefully this may help someone

Many thanks

Damian

Hey all,

Noticed that I had a bug, if I had the toggle on in the inspector the key then bounced so added this line, so the keypress would toggle the inspector value (within gameplay):

Kind regards and looking forward to people’s replies as this is my first post and would love some feedback :slight_smile:

Damian

Privacy & Terms