Knight - An In-Development RPG

Hey All!

I’ve been working on an RPG using the knowledge gained from this course, so I thought this would be a good place to put some updates :smile:

The game is still in a very early stage content-wise, so no in-game story yet (Strange for an RPG, right?) But what I’m testing/getting feedback on currently is mechanics and performance. It’s available for PC and Linux, so please give it a try and let me know your thoughts! :smile:

[UPDATE]

Hey there! Here’s the latest update on Knight. Added a couple quests, fixed a few bugs, changed a few things!:wink:

I appreciate any feedback/comments, thanks for taking the time to check it out!

2 Likes

Looks cool. Gonna definitely give it a try now, just as soon as I get over my envy :rofl::

1 Like

Thank you :smiley: Please let me know what you think

I Played Your Demo Good work You are farther along on your game than i am. So don’t take what i am about to say as negative i love seeing what people make on this site and it is really driving me in what i am doing.
and i know you are still working on your game. I kept getting stuck at first area a goblin and skeleton kept re spawning and the town guard will not let me progress on the second quest i got stuck in the lake and i could not find a way out had to restart. The combat was way too easy the enemy’s only harm you if you wait for them to attack you. The menu system is excellent and i really liked the camera you had on your player. i am very happy to have played your demo good work.

1 Like

hey.

Really nice job so far. There are a few things that i was a bit confused about (likely just small bugs) no biggie we all have them. Overall Its a cool experience and art style. Reminds me a bit of the old fable games. That is the general feel art style and stuff that I got. Really is cool. When you open the inventory after picking up the sword it says that the item type is coins. That is just one small thing that seemed odd. If it was meant that way i just was mixed up and am sorry. If its something that wasnt then i am sure its a pretty simple tweak :). What are your plans for the project moving forward? Also is this a single person team or do you have multiple people working on it?

Overall looks and feels great, keep up the great work!

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! I believe it’s just a UI issue, the item itself isn’t marked that way internally. Should be a simple fix :+1:

I’m glad you got a Fable feel, that’s part of the inspiration here! I’m also inspired by Kingdoms of Amalur, if you’ve played that. (If you haven’t, go check it out!!)

I’m currently working on this alone, with my art/music assets being outsourced to some great artists. I’m trying to get a good polished demo as a first goal. Then, I’ll have to evaluate and see if I can complete it with my own funds, or if a Kickstarter will be needed. Thank you for checking it out, and I’d love to hear any other comments/suggestions as I update it. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey Colin,

Thanks for the feedback and bugs mentioned! I’ve added them to my list so I can get them taken care of :wink:

If it’s possible, I’d like you to PM me the save file, if you saved to it after getting stuck on the second quest. If not, it’s no big deal.

Yep, the combat is a pushover for now, I had a few issues with hit detection and wanted them sorted before the enemies started really fighting back. But that should be coming soon as well :smiley:

Thanks for checking it out, and I hope you stick around for the next update too!

Hello there. Great work. It’s nice to know that after the RPG course you get such a good result.
I played a few minutes, and the ensemble is promising.

1 Like

Thanks Olivier! Yes, the course definitely pointed me in the right direction :smiley:

1 Like

Hey there,
First off that is a really cool demo already. I agree with the fable feel to it and the finished product will certainly be real fun. I’m sure by now you probably have noticed the bugs i’m about to mention, but just to be safe, if you go to the skills menu and hover over the popup text box that gives a description of the skill it blinks in and out and makes a noise until you move over just the skill. Also when i was running back to the guard after the second quest, i went in a straight line over the grass field, and when i went down the little hill, i got stuck on something (invisible walls?) it’s probably the same problem that keeps you stuck in the water as in that hole, you can run back up to the edge, but just not over.

Keep up the great work man!

Thanks for checking it out! :smiley:

I appreciate you taking the time to play it and reporting the bugs. For the movement bugs/getting stuck, I have that sorted for now (You no longer get stuck, but it’s now possible to go to out-of-bounds areas, a fair trade at this point) but the skill menu has been difficult to diagnose. I’m glad you mentioned it, because it seems to affect some people and not others. I’m actually wrapping up a new update right now, so please do check back in a day or two and see what’s changed :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

[UPDATE]

Since editing appears to be broken, I’ll put this in a reply for now.

I’m looking to push version 0.1.5 in the next few days, pending a couple of artists I’m waiting on. In the meantime, I put together my first teaser for Knight. Mostly to smooth out the recording/video making process, but have a look :smiley:

Discord: https://discord.gg/HZA7Qg3

3 Likes

Update

Version 0.1.5

Hey everyone! Just pushed out the latest build of Knight, and it’s been quite a journey working on this one. You can find the DevBlog and download the latest update on Itch:

I can’t wait to hear what you think!

1 Like

That’s a nice font you’re using there! The sword particle animation looks cool too.

1 Like

Thank you! :grin:

Is this game still being updated?

1 Like

@Kingshembo Hi! Yes, it has been slow due to work but I’m still working on it! :grin:

3 Likes

Reworking movement and combat currently.
Added the ability to jump, which is working well so far :smiley:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms