Keyframes not showing

I have been working on a character for my grandson and for some reason have lost visibility of the keyframes in the timeline. I don’t know what I did to hide them but they just disappeared.

Here is a picture of the dope sheet before the problem (an earlier save):

and here is what it looks like where I have the problem. There are no longer any keyframes showing. The animation is working but I cannot see the keyframes to work on some of the animation.

Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong?

2 Likes

I am not that great in Unreal, but in Unity you have to:
Select the player animation, animator, or select the player component in general

Hope this helps

I did some research and apparently you need to do this:

Timeline-> View-> Only selected channels
This should display the objects key frames

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Also here’s a short video you can watch for this

Hope any of these tips help!

Thanks for the information and help for my question. That unfortunately didn’t help with the missing keyframes. I am all the way at the top of the timeline as you can see the Summary tag on the left side of the timeline field. Under “View / Only Keyframes from Selected Channels” that is ticked. So, as far as I know, I should be able to see the keyframes. When I run the timeline the animation runs correctly so the keyframes must be there.

Again thanks for the help. I probably will back to the previous save and redo all the animation and things I added over again…

2 Likes

Sorry I couldn’t provide the help you needed. Hopefully your idea works out

Object not selected?
I do not think it is the visibility as Found by Kid_Teacher, as the ‘summary’ word is showing and the dots would be in line with that. Also, there is a summary feint line all along. Try opening the ‘Summary’ dropdown.

3 Likes

The Summary drop down is empty. I have probably lost something and will just have to do it again. It is a learning process I am going through after all. This is just a project that I am trying to do after taking some great courses here and Udemy from Grant Abbitt.

2 Likes

Select each object in turn, if they have animation on them it should show up in the summary. Might be when you added keyframes the ‘wrong’ thing was selected?

2 Likes

The suggestion did not show any keyframes associated with any items. Thanks.

Maybe this is supposed to happen when you connect the rig to a path constraint to walk to a specific place in the set. (Which is working great but I just want to add some more body movement during the walk for the move to look more realistic.)

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms