Just some feedback

I found it more and more difficult to follow along in the past few lessons, and I noticed it’s because the lessons are starting to feel less like instruction, but more like a bragging session. When I added the new unity package, there were a handful of new complex scripts that I am struggling to follow along with in the lectures with the back and forth conversation between Rick and Sam. I didn’t get a concise explanation from the lessons because it felt like we kept bouncing from one topic to another before fully explaining a single concept (example: the elaborate web that is the inventoryUI scripts and interfaces), so I had to find a broader explanation elsewhere (youtube and other resources). I can appreciate Rick’s questions, because they’re similar to my own and I am primarily following these courses to learn how I can apply these concepts and expand them to my own projects, but the way they are being instructed feels like they’re just teaching us how to make THIS game. I know that’s not the intent of these courses, so I wanted to share this feedback in the event others are also having this experience, or if your data finds viewers falling off around this part of the course.

3 Likes

I just dove deeper into the comments of other topics left on this video and it sounds like this was talked about there. If Brian is still the one reply to these: Don’t feel the need to spend a lot (if any) time replying to this, I know the general feedback I’m attempting to share is already heard based on your responses in some other threads. Thank you for helping us all along the way!

1 Like

I’m still the one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms