Just a small question about lights

I am getting through this lecture section very well but I have a question on the torches animation and sound. When I test play the level after putting in the torches and setting my own game player (without the arms showing), I get a jerky motion as I walk through my level and I hear a static-like sound that starts and stops as I am walking through my dungeon. To me it looks and sounds like the lights animation is looping but not evenly and there is a slight pause at the end of the animation that causes my scene to stutter as I try to walk through it. What is causing that and how do I fix it?

Thanks,

I don’t suppose you can showcase this somehow so I have a better idea of what you’re talking about?

I could screen capture a video. However, I think my problems stem around the fact that my computer’s virus protection is not allowing me to run code in C++. Every time I try to create or add lines of code in as the lecture shows, I get a message from my virus protection that it is blocking the threat. I have gone to the virus protection software and turned it off temporarily (10 minutes) and then the procedure that I was trying to do now works. But that is temporary and 10 minutes later if I try to add code to the project, I get the same message from my virus protection. Slows the process way down. I don’t know how to stop my Antivirus program from doing that.

Your antivirus software should have an exclusion list which you can add folders to.

I know about the exclusion list but am having difficulty navigating to it.
Thanks for the help.

I will solve my problem (or at least try) and try to move along.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms