Just a reminder!

Don’t try out new things if you haven’t saved your file recently.
I just tried to turn the voxelsize down and my cpu got toasted pretty bad for a couple of minutes till blender crashed and my last 30-60minutes went to waste. :’)
Edit: Maybe I should add, that I tried to remesh to the smallest voxelsize there is. Just don’t. ^^"

2 Likes

That would be stressful! Remember the auto save, it might recover most of your work.

2 Likes

Check the .blend1 file, or auto recover (never worked at my projects).

In the Blender work process, there are certain points where a version save or backup is in order. Like increasing voxels, subdivision, and experimenting. We all have this experience, it is a good learner. Doing something a second time!

1 Like

Yea, I immediately was looking if there are some kind of auto-saves. Unfortunately I haven’t managed to find anything useful. But as you said, I just repeated it and got to learn a little more. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry I ment .blend1 (with 1) attached. But it isn’t there if you were working on the initial file, without saving twice.

You go to File, recover, _2345_autosave. It should take you to the temp file folder they are put in. ‘_2345_autosave’ added to the file name if it had been saved with a name before, or just a ‘2345_autosave’ if never saved before.

1 Like

I used to use one save a lot when I started to Blender. Right up to the point that the save file was corrupted. Now I use the “Save as” then hit + to add incremental save. Just to be clear I save every time I add a new object. Yes doing this uses more hard drive space but you do have something to go back too if you need it.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms