Jumpimg/Falling Camera bug

Hi. I’ve encountered a bug where when i land,camera snaps to the “default” position. it’s super annoying because i can not fix it :smiley: so i anyone knows what’s up. please let me know.

Thans.

I’m not sure what you mean by the “Default position”. Can you provide a video example?
Also, screenshots of your FreelookCamera’s inspector will be helpful so we can figure out what might be happening.

Before I figure out how to add a video ill leave a code i have.
By “Default position” i mean when the player lands the camera snaps behind the player.

The falling/jumping code isn’t really applicable here, everything to do within the camera is the camera setup. For future code pastes, however, please paste in the text of the code and format it by putting three backwards apostorphes on their own lines before and after the code paste.

This is likely a result of the camera not being able to keep up with the fall and resetting once it is so far out of the soft zones and dead zones that it doesn’t have a logical path to proceed.

You could try making changes to the Cinemachine Collider, including increasing the smoothing time and the damping times, changing the strategy to preserving Camera distance, etc. Also adjusting similar settings in the Aim component (you don’t have that expanded in the shot) may help.

Privacy & Terms