Jadas Head Journey

I know there will be a head section in the course in the next lessons… but I can´t wait to make some experiments on my own.

Today I have started with a cube, subdivided it with smoothness and now I am manipulating edges and vertices by grabbing and scaling.

The edge flow is without any problems at the moment because I didn´t use the knife yet.

grafik

grafik

Maybe I have modeled 10 minutes… It is just a test without reference material to concentrate only on the edge flow…

/////////

First time use of the knife

////////

added a subsurf

grafik

move it to the front

grafik

grafik

I know it looks really terrible, but i am learning a lot and it is a good practice before I will show the vids. I have finally worked 30 minutes on this model.

/////////////

39 minutes

///////////////

While testing I recognize that it is possible to model faces without sculpting…:grinning:

Now I like to experiment a lot with vertex to vertex modeling and other techniques.

/////////

Next test. Starting with a subdivided cube. And some grabbing.

grafik

grafik

grafik

Now I have practised enough and it will better to work after a tutorial. I have found it important to test the concepts and techniques and I have learned something about the knife tool an merge.

2 Likes

Next try. I have modeled without reference. The aim was to concentrate on good topology, not on proportion or anatomy. … I am quite satisfied with the result and learned a lot while practising.

I have used the mirror modifier and I have extruded edges (e > escape > s), moved vertices. The goal was: no n-gons or triangles… Clean topology.

I have started with only one face.

grafik

grafik
grafik

grafik

1 Like

The real problem with the topology starts when you try to extrude the rest of the head and then connecting to the “mask” :smile:

1 Like

…yes, you are right, that would be the real problem and a hard issue to deal with… but the mask was only a topology test… and I will start with a new model… maybe I take the challenge to extrude the rest of the head. :wink::grinning:

Privacy & Terms