It's me again! this time with full display screenshot :d!

My Lighthouse Island adventure with Blender is 1 step in the right 10 steps in the wrong direction!

Here is the Lesson 20. Lights and Atmosphere screenshot of everything on the screen. The background REFUSE TO CHANGE!

I WILL CONFESS MY “SIN”: I am using a bit actual version of Blender (4.0, not the latest). Maybe someone suspected that. So, I guess I need and you might recommend me to go to the version in the course, right?

In this case, I want to ask a stupid question: Will I be able to import my earlier saved files (the houses, the lighthouse mostly, the rock foundation eventually), and start from the point where I am “Snapping” them on each other? :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance for your responses!

1 Like

To the right of the render selection spheres is a dropdown. Open it and tick ‘Scene World’ Then it will use the world colour background you have set up. Rather than it’s default lighting aid HDRI.
So you will lose the lighting that hdri is providing too, and the reflection of it in the water.
I would also tick ‘Scene Lighting’ so your sun light will be used as well.

You should have no problems using the latest version, or the 4.0.2 that you are using. Going backwards with a file has the highest potential, not certainty, of problems.

4 Likes

I will download the course’s version. Just relaxing a bit, knowing that I will start again this whole thing. I just hope it will be less “bumpy”. No problem!

Wish me luck!

2 Likes

I completed the course on the latest 3.x version, and another course using 4.x. Both courses are based on 2.8. Occasionally you have to google for changes in 4.x

You have to learn 4.1 anyhow, so don’t waste your time with the older versions.

1 Like

you need to enable “Scene World” to tell blender to use the world shader

(edit: oops, just saw NP5 mentioned this)

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms