It's Coming Together

…in a spectacularly ugly way. XDDD I had the red brick all over but then I removed it. That bow window was a major pain to texture and if I wanted it better, I should fiddle with it more.

I downgraded from my first huge house plan to a moderately sized one, and now I kind of wish I had started with just a room. But hey, nothing like megalomaniac plans when you have never tried something before. :laughing:

I had artefacting in two places but that was it. I removed the extra faces and it disappeared. The roof looks absolutely horrendous from the inside but I kind of ruined it anyway when I tried to give it bulk with “solidify”. I don’t know what happened there but it’s like I have two roofs on top of one another and they intersect so that I can’t even clean the mesh. Maybe I will model a new ceiling on top of the roof mesh to be able to texture it.

3 Likes

I get you on the size. i started building way to big house and ended up smaller and now i wish i had taken just a room xDD

good job and keep it up!

2 Likes

You don’t want to show your house? :slight_smile:

I’m actually remaking the pieces now. XD

Thanks, and do show your own stuff too, sometime!

2 Likes

It is not done and my house does not fit together xD But anyway… I have been using a longer time then I was expecting on this task, but I also have been learning a lot from it. I will use this weekend to finish the house, so I can go to the next project!

3 Likes

Well, I like it! :slight_smile: I think it looks perfect for this exercise, because you have really built everything modular. And you have that balcony and a fenced little courtyard too. I think you have done well. I like the design.

Don’t worry about taking long. So have I. XD Nobody is counting and that’s the best part of these online courses.

You have a weekend full of mapping ahead of you, then. :smiley: Have fun! If you create a texture you like, post an image of that too.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms