Issues with UE4, VS & source tree

This may not be the place to ask but seeing this is about awkward bugs, here goes. Throughout my build of battle tank I have been experiencing a significant slow down in all three pieces of software. compile times in UE can take up to three minutes, the inteli-sense in visual studio is damn near useless anymore, and when using source tree just clicking the stage button will about lock up my system for a couple minutes while it thinks about it. I assumed I had a pc issue but have found no virus, malware or any other process that is clogging things up. I have run a benchmark test on my system and update any available software. My machine runs slightly above average. I watch Ben in the videos compile soo much faster than I and cant help but wonder what I am doing wrong

is anyone else experiencing these kinds of issues? Very frustrating compiling for 3 minutes, realize a spelling error, then wait another 3 minutes.

i7 - 6700 NVidia GTX960 – visual studio is 2015, and UE version is 4.14.3 (upgraded back around lecture 60 and it wont let me go back)

It sounds a bit like an issue with your hard drive. I assume it’s not an SSD. Maybe try defragmenting the hard drive.

Another thing to try and see if it’s related to something screwy in the unreal project settings somehow is to create a new project and check if you have the same problem. If so then it’s not something you messed up in the project or the git repo (e.g. accidentally created thousands of hidden files or something).

Privacy & Terms