Issues with "Difficulty", I think I have the right idea, but I need some help

I am pretty frustrated with my code right now. I am trying to do what Ben says by adding the extra Difficulties. I think I have the general idea down. I’ll show some screen caps with an explanation:

Take a look at the Reset method. I made my difficulty tuner there, but I don’t know if that was the right idea. It works yes, but whenever I Ctrl+F5, I get this:

I ask for 3, 4, or 6 letter words, but I want that after my intro. I tested it out and it prints my intro after I choose a number (or really after I press any button…). Then I can continue on to choose a number and the program runs just fine. It’s just that first part, I want to get rid of it.

I realized my problem might be in the PlayGame method in main:

However, I tried moving PrintIntro() above BCGame.Reset() and it remains the same.I know I can’t move that Reset(), and I’ve tried making a separate method for difficulty, but nothing is working.

I cannot recall everything I did, and I don’t know how I can recover that because I closed Visual Studio out (to clear my head of frustration, cuz I’m a drama queen) but in short I made a FString WordDifficulty() const; in the FBullCowGame.h page, and tried to make a method in the cpp where I include everything I had in Reset, and that got called after my intro.

Here is my code on GitHub.

This has probably been the most time I’ve taken to write code in this class so far, which is fine by me, I actually feel like I’ve learned something, since I kind of got it right. But, I’m gonna need some help with this. Once I get this fixed, I can try to work on random words, but one problem at a time.

Thanks to all for any help.

Because you are calling the reset function within the constructor, and a constructor will be called when you declare a variable of that type. So you need to move the Reset method outside of the constructor and have it be the first function called in PlayGame

Privacy & Terms