Issues uploading to sharemygame

I am having an issue uploading my updated Project Boost game to sharemygame – my zip file is only about 82 mb but the upload fails, saying the file is too large and must be under 100mb. Any ideas?

Hi,

What software are you using to zip up your files?

hi Rob! I tried it using 7zip and WinRar. I tried uploading in .zip, .rar, and ,7z, all got the same result.

Hi,

Both of those have had issues in the past. The upload must be a .zip, I believe Winrar has an option about the format it uses. Not sure about the others, I don’t use them.

The other thing which often causes issues for people is if the structure of the zip isn’t correct. When you build you select a directory to put the build into. It is that directory that needs to be zipped. So you effectively have a directory containing the Index.html file and other sub directories.

See also;

I have definitely used .zip, still having issues. I have zipped the correct directory as far as I can tell. I zipped and uploaded an older version of the game (which was virtually the same file size) and had no issues uploading it. Here are some screen shots of the zip files and the directories. Well under 100 mb. builds%20folder

I found a work-around – I just decided to host my game somewhere else – https://itch.io/ Upload works there

1 Like

Glad you have it hosted.

If you have the time and can upload a zip with the build which I can download I will be happy to try against ShareMyGame.com just to see if there’s anything I can spot.

The forum will allow uploads of up to 10MB, if your project files (zipped) are larger than that you would need to use a service such as Google Drive or Dropbox, and then share the URL.

Privacy & Terms