Issues Installing Unreal 4.22.3

Hi guys, I’m brand new to this. So much so that I’ve just tried to install Unreal Engine but an error message comes up: “A Feature Level 5 video card is required to run the editor. AvailableFeatureLevel = SM4, ShaderPlatform = PCD3D_SM4” Can someone advise whether there is a work around or do I need to install a new video card?

I believe you’re the one on Discord? If not 4.18 should be usable as it does not have that restriction.

Hi Dan, yeah on Discord, I replied to you and another, who echoed what you said. I understand but I’m now having difficulty uninstalling 4.22.3 and reinstalling any other version. Someone suggested going to Programs and Features to uninstall Unreal 4 but I can’t see ‘Unreal’ in my list of programs. I’m now trying to uninstall Epic Games Launcher as that’s there but it keeps an error message has come up twice saying it can’t be uninstalled because it’s open. I tried closing it but that hasn’t worked so I guess I’m still logged in somehow. When I restart my computer next, I’ll try uninstalling it. Unless there’s a better way of uninstalling and reinstalling that you know of?

Sorry this has gone unnoticed for so long. Are you still having issues?

Hi Dan, no it’s all fine now. Thanks {:o)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms