Issue with Cycles

I’m having a weird issue with the Cycles preview mode where everything is just dark grey. All the other modes work fine, and if I render it out it shows up fine too.

Does anyone know a fix to this?
If I open a new file and preview Cycles, everything works fine again.

Many thanks.

My first thoughts were:

• You have no light in the scene, add a lamp and OR increase intensity of the light (10000))
  • Your environment (WORLD TAB) is also giving light, increase intensity of the world light
  • There are options, to switch off objects (lights) when in render mode. It’s a camera symbol in the OUTLINER. But by default all object are rendered and the camera icon is not visible to work with. It is a filter option to switch on.
1 Like

Thank you for the reply :slight_smile:

I just double checked the solutions you pointed out, but none of them seem to work. All the lights are visible and set to be very intense. Same for the world light.
The render icon and viewport icon are also white when the filter options are shown. :confused:

Hi

Has this been solved as i would try and append everything in the scene into a new file like we did in the chess section and see if that presents a solution for you

1 Like

Hi

No I haven’t managed to solve it, but I made a work-around by creating a new file and appending all the things I needed. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms