Issue with camera defaulting to wrong level

I’ve made a main menu level, a level 1 and a level 2 (following with Rick in the videos). However, when I select play to test something, it always puts my camera view in my Level 2 and I can only play that level. I’ve tried to move the main cameras in the Main Menu and Level 1, but am unable to do so with the CinemachineBrain ticked on. If it’s off I can move the transform of the camera to where I want, but when I tick CinemachineBrain back on, it puts the camera back to where I moved it from.

Even in scene mode when I select the Main Camera in Main Menu or Level 1, the little preview window that pops up shows the camera view from Level 2.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi,

According to the tag, you seem to be following the old TileVania section, not Rick’s remastered version. Is that correct?

Which version of Unity do you use? And where did you get the cinemachine package from?

You are right, I’m following the old version. I’m building the game currently in Unity 2021.1.24f1. I believe the cinemachine package was built into that version (can’t recall). Should I just start over with the remastered version for TileVania?

If you just started this section, I would suggest to jump to the remastered version. If that’s not possible, remove the Cinemachine package from your project, then go to Window > Package Manager and install the Cinemachine package there. If you got the cinemachine package from somewhere else, it might be that it is not compatible with your version.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms