Issue Setting up BP_ThirdPersonCharacter

When I follow along with the video (‘Customizing the Character’ in course Unreal 5.0 C++ Developer: Learn C++ and Make Video Games) I end up getting stuck inside the head of the model and can’t look around or move after creating the child blueprint class and selecting player 0 as the auto control. I’ve gone back through the video, step by step following everything.

The only thing that I can see that is different for me is that the camera boom is visible behind the model in the blueprint view port in the video. Mine is not. I tried looking it up, seeing if that could be the issue, but I couldn’t figure it out with my current knowledge.

The only other thing I can think of is different versions possibly. The project shows 5.3 in the library. The rest of the assets are the same / same installation / same setup in project.

2 Likes

The issue was an error with compiling in one of the character event graphs. The VR nodes were causing issues, so I deleted them.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms