Issue opening project, error suggests manual rebuild

Whenever I try to open my project it says modules are missing and asks if I would you like to rebuild them. When I click yes, it says it could not be compiled, try building from source manually.

This is my log file: project log file - Pastebin.com

I have tried to delete .vs, binaries, intermediate, saved and .sln files. I tried to use the generate visual studio project files command but that also has an error:

“Running D:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.1/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Build.bat -projectfiles -project=“E:/OneDrive/10.1 Unreal Editor/Crypt Raider/CryptRaider/CryptRaider.uproject” -game -rocket -progress -log=“E:\OneDrive\10.1 Unreal Editor\Crypt Raider\CryptRaider/Saved/Logs/UnrealVersionSelector-2022.12.17-16.54.47.log”
Running UnrealBuildTool: dotnet “…\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.dll” -projectfiles -project=“E:/OneDrive/10.1 Unreal Editor/Crypt Raider/CryptRaider/CryptRaider.uproject” -game -rocket -progress -log=“E:\OneDrive\10.1 Unreal Editor\Crypt Raider\CryptRaider/Saved/Logs/UnrealVersionSelector-2022.12.17-16.54.47.log”
‘dotnet’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.”

So I can’t open the project in visual studio or VS code to even rebuild it mannually.

Any help would be appreciated as I want to get back into programming (after a break) and I realy don’t want to have to start this project all over again.

Thanks

1 Like

I am not sure but I think you need to download .NET Core SDK

1 Like

ok trying this now.

So Suryansh was correct that the I was not able to generate visual studio files until I installed .Net. I had to install both version 6 and 7 as it was looking for the older version. Once I did that I was able to open the project in visual studio 2022 and rebuild the project. Finally after that the project would open again in Unreal 5.1.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms