Issue (and solution) with Custom Object: Lamp Shade

I’m using Blender 3.0, and when I tried using the custom reference, it generated with base oriented perpendicular to the object, and transforming the object had no effect on it.

I was able to orient it properly under custom properties.

I wanted to mention this specifically because when I tried transforming it in the viewport, it affected the bone itself. But those custom property sliders affect only how it’s displayed as a reference.

2 Likes

I also have the same issue

I’m using Blender 3.0 myself, did you try to rotate the cone in object mode or edit mode? If you rotate it in object mode it won’t have any effect, but should properly reorient the bone reference if rotated via edit mode.

I tried both. The point was to get the custom reference oriented properly without actually affecting the orientation of the bone.

Right, I should specify that I meant editing the reference object in edit mode, not the armature/bone itself. But it is super useful to know about the transform menu in for the custom object!

Ah, yeah, tried that too. I distinctly remember getting frustrated about it troubleshoot :sweat_smile:

But yeah, as far as the lessons go, it ends up being a moot point, but for future projects it is indeed good to know!

Privacy & Terms