Isometric lessons on any of the courses?

I just finished the unity 2d course on udemy, and I started working on an isometric game I have an idea for, the tilevania project helped understand about tilemaps in the 2d course, but I confess Im struggling a bit understanding about world pos and tile pos and how to manipulate the tilemaps programmatically, move to a specific tile etc… I already bought most of the unity courses from you guys in udemy 3d, the 4 courses for the rpg game, my question is in any of those courses is there some project which would help me with isometric and tilemap understanding? My idea was to make this game and then work on the other courses but if there is something in one of the courses that could help me with this, I will take a look into it, I just dont wanna go trough 30+ hours of videos and not find something that could be useful for this particular game I have in mind

Hi Ulfnir,

Since you completed the Unity 2D course, you probably gained some knowledge and developed a few skills. We do not cover isometric tilemaps in our game but you can probably find tutorials on Youtube. And there is also the API.

Create a new project and try to make one of your ideas work in a sandbox scene with very simple elements. Don’t make anything fancy, just the bare minimum. This way, you could learn and test without any distracting stuff which might cause conflicts. Once your idea(s) work in the simple sandbox scene, you could apply your new knowledge to your actual game.

Also please feel free to ask our helpful community of students for advice over on our Discord chat server.

See also:

Hi Nina, yes I’ve been reading and watching tutorials, reading forums and etc… Im making some progress, but just wanted to know if there was something in the gamedev.tv courses that could give me a more solid foundation on the subject, thanks for the feedback

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms