IsAiming "inconsistent"

Hello everyone! So, I’m in this lecture and i’m struggling to understand why the result of my input seems inconsistent here.

As in the lecture the debug is supposed to display true when pressing the RightMouseButton, but in my case is intercalating between true and false…

Any idea what could be causing this issue? I double checked the lesson but still having this issue.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

EDITED:

I noticed now that if hit play from the FPS_Level then it works as expected, but if I hit play from the AnimationBP then this issues occurs :confused:

Weird, this sounds like a potential bug in the engine. Does the same thing occur when you update UE5 to the newest version?

1 Like

Same issue…

At least now I know I can’t trust on results from this way.

It’s still happening in 5.0.1.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, a workaround is to create the variabile IsAiming in the character BP and then cast to that from the AnimBP but its not really ideal

edit: I would recommend just ignoring this as its only a problem when printing the value, behavior still seems normal so don’t worry about the workaround, also as previously stated you can just make sure not to click play from within the AnimBP

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms