Is there any way to do this in 2.93.3?

So I am doing the course in 2.93.3 and I am at the monkey on the vine part (Drawing On A Surface | GameDev.tv) and I want to make the ground a procedural cracked Earth, but the cells settings is not an option in this version, is there any way around this?

1 Like

That is the old course, What time in that lecture is this happening? Long time since I looked at that. Not sure I have any idea how you hope to use Grease pencil for this procedural Earth.

1 Like

I meant on the ground (which is a plane), I do not want to use it on the Grease pencil, in 2.93.3 if you use the voronoi texture on any thing it will not give you the cells settings

1 Like

If you are confused on what I mean look at this: Golden Suzanne See the ground, that is what I want to make into the cracked earth, and In the video while messing around with the voronoi texture he finds out how to make a cracked Earth, but I cant find the cells properties in 2.93.3

1 Like

Please show me an image of what you do see, and the time in the lecture so I can see what Mikey gets instead. Should narrow down
what we are looking for.
Odds are if you are using a later Blender version whatever you are looking for have been moved, renamed, or some such.

1 Like

What they did in Generated Textures | GameDev.tv (notice that they were able to change it to cells):

But I cant find the settings:

This is the Blender manual on this node.
Seems they have changed the wording or something in the node.
But it looks like the cell effect is still there if you look for the right selections.

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/render/shader_nodes/textures/voronoi.html

Looks like use the colour output, and then use a colour ramp to turn it black and white.

1 Like

Sorta Fixed it:

Meh, close enough

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms