Is there an effective way to pre-determine dependencies?

I have nuked two projects now trying to load assets that appear to come in correctly but then either throw a list of errors on Run or an error on project load from Unity Hub. It’s making me hesitant to use anything from the asset store as I cannot tell what I need to install to prevent it from destroying my projects.

umm… if it doesn’t work the way you wanted/needed, why not just delete the offending asset? Problem solved, no? or just install the required assets. It’s better than the alternative of having to program everything yourself.

No, problem not solved.

Removing loaded assets has worked for errors like the one pasted above. But I’ve brought in an asset pack and had a litany of compiler errors that were unresolvable even after everything that was imported was deleted.

I had to start a new project and copy in all of my assets to get rid of that one.

So rather than be reactive and hope for the best, I’d rather be proactive and find out of there is a way to see dependency lists prior to import.

Tried reading the docs of said asset?

or using some sort of source control like Git, so you can roll it all back (including any setting changes) if it doesn’t work out like you wanted.

Alternatively, if you don’t want to go down the source control way, just make a backup of your project before you do any big changes like that, so you can revert it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms