Is the Oculus Quest 2 compatible with the VR Unreal 5 course?

Is the Oculus Quest 2 compatible with the VR Unreal 5 course? in the intro video, we are told that we need an oculus rift, or a vive, but I got none of thses, but I can have my hands on a quest 2.

Thanks in advance for you answers

1 Like

An Oculus Quest 2 is perfectly compatible. Ideally you want to use a USB Cable - any USB C cable will work as long as it is perhaps 2-3m long, 5m is optimal. You don’t need the PC Link Cable. You can also configure this for wireless link as well - I’ve never tried this.

The one change I would make over the course is to use the Oculus VR plugin which means control mapping will be slightly different.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

thank you @beegeedee I’ll give it a shot, if it works fine, i’ll let know otherwise, i’ll write a post explaining the control mapping.

Thanks again

Oh, another thing. If you’re using UE5, don’t start with the blank project - start with the VR Template. There’s some differences which affect performance. Also, unless you have an RTX card, don’t use UE5 - GPU performance will be too low, except maybe the 1080

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I have an RTX 2060, I should be fine I suppose :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, the RTX 2060 is fine. I managed to get a 3060 and it is more than capable of 120fps for VR in Unreal, compared to the 1060 which could barely muster 45 fps with low details settings turned on.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms