Is nodes working in game engine or not?

Hi I just wondering this nodes like AO and its color or some color information nodes like mixRGB etc. is it working or not when I import my assets in Game Engine or just texture informations work in Game Engine ?

1 Like

No nodes are Blender’s own. I believe game engines need image maps, or they may have their own procedural stuff.

2 Likes

I can’t speak for other game engines, but with my limited knowledge of unreal engine, I know they have there own node system for PBR and procedural , I can’t speak to how good it is for any procedural setups but they do have some similar nodes to blender just under different names, I’m not sure if you can import image maps to unreal engine, I’ve not used unreal much yet just a few tutorials, they have quite a few PBR setups built in to the engine though as it is linked to quixel bridge and the PBR materials are all quite good. I think (I might be wrong) but If you are going to import to unreal you do all your modelling in blender like usual, then you import it to unreal and do your texturing using there own node system.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply guys, I did some research on web and saw that Unreal E. have own texturing program called Mixer I have no clue but maybe its useful to Unreal E. users for this situation but anyway I’m already using Unity, thats sad.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms