Is it possible to disable a group of nodes in blueprint

In the video we were shown 2 ways to use mouse input to move the floor.
I followed along the video and did both ways but when I did it the 2nd way, I followed the video and deleted the nodes for the 1st approach.

That is fine and all but I noticed afterwards that I cannot undo to bring back original nodes from the 1st approach I deleted.

I was wonder if there any way to disable / make inactive a group of nodes so we can easily reference / switch between them?

Just disconnect the execution pins or even better, if possible, move them to a function and swap out for a call to the function.

Oh that doesn’t sound very versatile. For this example there are 2 execution pins and for the keyboard one there is 4.
Was hoping we can like drag a box and disable the nodes :slight_smile:

Maybe this function thing will help when I learn it later in the course.

Thank you.

That would be a cool feature for blueprints, but unfortunately it doesn’t change for functions or macros.

Yeah, this isn’t even something you could really do in C++ unless you use a define to enable/disable blocks of code - it still requires a manual change somewhere however.

What you could do actually, is use a bool variable that can be set to change the execution path then have an if statement - messy but it works. This way, a single change would turn the code on or off. Nasty.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms