Is Decimate ok for retopology

Sry if its kinda hard to see whats going on.
Did this picture help though?

1 Like

Do you have the orc hp visible when snapping?

1 Like

Yes but if you can tell even with the hp orc showing it has vertices overlapping when I go to snap it. I think its a common problem in blender people make where to vertices will be overlapping at the same corner if you know what I mean. Do you know how to fix it?

1 Like

What I did for this was not having snapping turned on constantly. Turn snapping off and pull the vertex away from the hp. Then, when you want snapping on command, hold “ctrl” and move the vertex. Snapping will stay on as long as you hold “ctrl.” Let me know if this makes a difference for you. Also make sure your view is clear where you want the snapping to occur, otherwise it will go to any other geometry in the way.

2 Likes

I’ll give this a try man sometimes blenders a blast and sometimes its a nightmare

1 Like

Only in the beginning. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll have a thousand ideas hit you at once.

1 Like

Yeah for met I love Sculpting but stuff like retopology I got to get used to.
Anyways I think Im going to try to do manual retopology for my orc because its better but if it doesnt work than I will try to fix my auto retopo.

I dont know how much you know about manual retopology and how it should look but is my edge flow correct so far?

It looks better than anything I’ve done. Follow closely some videos as you do this process to pick up any useful tips that could help. A youtube channel that has much about this topic is “Flipped Normals.” Much of there channel is about character creation and retopology. Here’s a link:

Let me know if you have any more questions and I’ll answer them as soon as I can. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks I think Im going to take my time ton manual retopology because if I finish it then it should be better than the voxel remesh anyways wish me luck!

2 Likes

:+1:

Here’s my post on manual retopo so far.

Privacy & Terms