Introducing myself in the name of math!

Hi there everyone! This is my first ever post in this community so I hope it ends up in the right place. My name is Plamen and I am currently a fourth-year Linguistics student in Bulgaria. However, my first attempt at higher education was actually in Computer Science, where, apart from some introductory C++ coding, I tackled subjects such as Linear Algebra, Differential Calculus, Discrete Structures, and Geometry. This means I have a very basic grasp of what these branches of mathematics are about, though sadly they proved too challenging for me and I didn’t manage to pass a single one of my math exams, eventually dropping out after my second semester.
At the time I thought math just wasn’t for me, that, although I was very proficient at the secondary school level, I just couldn’t cut it in the big leagues. Recently however, fueled by an unexpected surge of motivation, I started questioning how much of that was my ability and how much was the environment in which I was trying to study. I decided to try and make use of this motivation for as long as I have it, and when I saw the bundle of Gamedev.tv courses on Humble Bundle I jumped at the opportunity to make something of my programming dreams once more, hopefully in the field of video games!
So here I am at the outset of the math course, now older and wiser, giving it another go, hoping this time I can tame the beast. I am very excited to see what I can learn from this course, and will do my very best to become a functioning member of this promising community :slight_smile:

Hi Plamen,

Welcome to the course. It sounds like you have a solid background. Don’t worry about the course! We start off with the very basics so you can start with every level!

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. The community is here for you.

Wish you a wonderful journey!

Kind regards,
Lisa

Privacy & Terms