Introduced a sphere but unable to bridge them

i introduced a sphere ,scaled to right about the right size but then i am unable to bridge them for some reason as it keeps returning an error message.

also strangely enough i am unable to put both of them in object/edit mode at once . i have to select both the seperate objects in object mode

and then go to edit mode.

even if i then click on the edges then choose bridge loops from F3 , it again returns an error message.

please help !

attaching the screen shots

1 Like

The problem is that you can’t bridge edge loops that don’t belong to the same mesh-data.
If you join the two objects together with CTRL-J it should fix your issue.

3 Likes

how do i introduce new shapes and maintain them under the same mesh data ?

and also , at what stage do i use CTRL+J ? i mean what do i have to first do to then use ctrl+j ?

1 Like

If you want to add a new shape to a mesh, you do it in edit mode. Sorry about not being clear, just select the objects you want to join and then press CTRL+j. That should merge the two meshes into one.

2 Likes

it worked ! thanks !

but then in object mode its not possible to move the sphere seperately since both of them get selected even if i only click on one of the 2 objects ?

1 Like

choosing the same meshdata when introducing more number of shapes within the same model/scene is always favourable ?

1 Like

You only have one object now, but it has two islands. To select an island, press L while your mouse cursor is over the island.

2 Likes

No, But if you need to join any of the verts, I think it’s the only way.

2 Likes

ok…and finally what if i wish to undo the bridge loop without using “ctrl+z” . is there anyway ?

You can select the face loop and delete the faces.
If you want to make part of the mesh into its own object, you can press P after selecting the part you want to be its own object.

1 Like

Make a copy using shift d. Or save the object in a different file. Do not think too much about it. What or how to do these types of re-use, will be much clearer after more lessons.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms