Intersect grabs the blank cube too?

Followed the instructions, but the Probuilder Intersect tool also grabbed pieces of the intersecting ‘lit’ cubes. This resulted in the assembled CrateParts that was surrounded in grey pieces of cube, with the crate not visible. If I delete the ‘lit’ material from the cube, it makes these added bits invisible, but they still affect how the box collapses. Any idea what setting might be causing this?

What do you mean by “surrounded”? The cube is on the outside and the crate inside it? Can you post an image?
Maybe you flipped it around and put the cube on the left side and the crate on the right? The left is the origin object, the right is the slicing object.
Or maybe you used Union instead of Intersect?

I had this issue, too, and chalked it up to the ProBuilder boolean tool being experimental.

If I understand @Vernon_Burt’s question correctly, parts of the temp cube are also left behind. They use the ‘Lit’ material because ProBuilder assigns this material to the faces it creates when cutting the mesh.

I ‘somewhat’ solved it by either moving the temp cube around a bit until it doesn’t leave behind bits of itself, or - in the case of my trees - just giving up and slicing it in a little less complex configuration

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms