Interactable Button Question

When Gary demonstrates the Interactable button in the beginning of this lesson, the transparency of his buttons does not change in the scene after deactivating it.

However, I cannot reproduce the same result on my end. Is there a reason why the transparency changes with my buttons each answer is selected OR after changing Interactable in the unity UI?

Screenshots are attached below
BEFORE UNSELECTING INTERACTABLE:

AFTER UNSELECTING INTERACTABLE:

AFTER ANSWER SELECTED DURING GAME:
ss3

I appreciate any insight or help on this!

Hi,

Interactable is not supposed to change the visualisation of the button. It just disables the functionality of the button meaning the user input will not work on the button anymore: no colour changes on mouse over, no button click.

The buttons look fairly pale as if a transparent layer is on top of them or as if the alpha channel of the tint is not set to 1 and 100% respectively. The latter is not caused by “Interactable” but by the defined Color values in the Button component.

See also:

Huzzah! That was it. The Alpha color was set about halfway under the “Disabled Color” component of the button. Thanks Nina!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms