Intellisense doesn't work, already installed all the plugins

Intellisense doesn’t work properly in vsCode .The options are very less to select from.

Plugins i’ve installed are :
C# (Microsoft)
Debugger for Unity(Unity technologies)
Ionide-fsharp(Ionide)
Unity Code Snippets(Kleber Silva)
Unity Snippets(Ycleptic Studios)
Unity Tools(Tobiah Zarlez)
C# Snippets(Jorge Serrano)
They are all enabled and yesterday I installed .NET sdk from Microsoft too.
But its still the same.
What to do?

Hi Pranjali,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

According to your screenshot, Intellisense seems to be working. There are suggestions. Try to type “Add” or something like that. Maybe the method will show up then. If not, have you already tried to restart Unity and Visual Studio?

Yes I typed “Add” but only two options shows up everytime and that too weird ones . And I’ve already restarted them 3-4 times after adding plugins and installing .NET.
It also says “.csproj” file is missing in vscode on terminal . Is that can be the reason for all this?

Like it never suggest methods and classes. If I try to write code by myself, this can cause problems as syntax errors can be there. Is there any package in unity which can solve this issue?

Does the console in VS Code say more? Could you share a screenshot? Maybe the correct version of the .NET Framework is missing.

Also check Window > Package Manager in Unity. Is the VS Code package installed?

If nothing helps, I’d suggest not to waste your time with VS Code anymore. Instead, install Visual Studio. And please feel free to ask our helpful community of students over on our Discord chat server. Maybe one of them knows a potential solution I haven’t thought of.

Yes its resolved now. I uninstalled 4.8 and got the right version needed(4.7.1) . I thought they all worked the same :). Its working fine now, suggesting all the classes and methods. Thankyou so much ma’am.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms