Int16 makes unreal crash with weird Compiler error. Now I can't open my project in the Unreal Editor (BattleTank.dll missing or out of date)

As soon as I added any variables with type int16 it made a weird compiler error and suddenly I couldn’t open the editor.

I am confused because I thought the unreal coding standard says to use int16.

By the way, I did manage to get back into the editor and get my project recompiled… by commenting out all the int16 variables!

Even if I make the variables “int” type it seems to have the same problem with the blueprint callable function…

Found the answer:

The only numerical data types that were intended to be used with Blueprints are uint8, int32, and float

See: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/98206/missing-support-for-uint32-int64-uint64.html

Even using int32 I’m getting the compiler error:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB3075 The command ““D:\Games\Epic Games\UE_4.18\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” BattleTankEditor Win64 Development “D:\Documents\Unreal Projects\BattleTank\BattleTank.uproject” -waitmutex” exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. BattleTank D:\VisualStudio\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 44

Ok, seem to have actually tracked the real source of this error down. I had “UPROPERTY(Editanywere)” above the said integer variable. I guess this is why I need to try compiling from the editor instead of visual studio sometimes.

Privacy & Terms